Have you tried banh mi? It’s a traditional Vietnamese sandwich filled with a variety of ingredients, usually including meat, pickled vegetables and sweet chilli peppers! For our monthly international recipe, we present to you our spin on the traditional banh mi — a chicken bann mi! Check it out below and don’t forget to share with us how it tasted!
Stuff your baguette with delicious chicken, carrot, cucumber, spring onion and sweet chilli for a spicy zing! Make your own Chicken banh mi using our tasty recipe.
Serving Size: 2 Sandwiches
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. golden caster sugar
- 1 lime
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 baguettes
- 3 – 4 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce
- Heat a griddle pan until hot. Rub the chicken with olive oil and cook for 2 – 3 minutes per side.
- Mix the rice vinegar, sugar and lime juice together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the carrot, spring onions, cucumber and chilli to the mix.
- Split a baguette along the top and begin shredding the chicken.
- Pile in the shredded chicken and top with carrot mixture.
- Pour sweet chilli sauce as needed.